Sat Jun 13, 2015 to Sun Jun 14, 2015
Clairmont Camera & Watervisions Pool
Clairmont Camera 1225 Keith Road, #2, North Vancouver, V7J 1J3 Watervisions Pool 421 English Bluff Road, Tsawwassen,V4M 2W6
0 users have voted.
Camera Assistants Workshop: Introduction to Underwater Housings
Dates: June 13 & 14, 2015
Instructor: Pauline Heaton, CSC
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM – June 13, 2015- Clairmont Camera, 1225 Keith Road, #2, North Vancouver, V7J 1J3
Brief history of underwater filming in movie industry.
- Evolution of motion pictures housing design and brief history of various inventors and the housings they built.
- Commonly used film and digital cameras and their housings.
- Similarities and quirks of the various housings.
- Properties of light underwater including focus.
- Refraction and its effects on lens selection.
- Dome ports vs. flat ports
- Importance of Preparation of Underwater Housings.
- Care and maintenance of housings.
- Types of o-rings.
- Hands-on workshop on how to assemble the Alexa camera concentrating on various selections of lens, menu settings etc. and then the placement of the prepared camera into the Gates Alexa underwater housing.
June 14, 2015 – Watervisions Pool - 421 English Bluff Road, Tsawwassen,V4M 2W6
- Group #1 - 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM - 12:00-1:00 PM Lunch Break,
- Group #2 - 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Hands-on workshop on how to assemble the Alexa underwater housing from case to full setup for filming. (Camera preassembled for use in Underwater housing.)
- Water test Housing without camera.
- Practice shooting with Alexa.