This introductory or ‘fundamentals’ Occupational Health and Safety course will introduce new committee members to the basic principles of workplace health and safety. This course also serves as a great ‘Back to Basics’ course for those OH&S Committee members who desire refresher training.
In this course participants will:
- Learn the legal responsibilities, duties and functions of the Joint OH&S Committee and Worker Representatives
- Learn about health and safety legislation (Provincial & Federal), workplace parties’ rights & responsibilities including the Right to Refuse unsafe work.
- Indicate key elements of having an effective committee and the process of evaluation.
- Identify the legal requirements of workplace Inspections and Investigations.
- Understand how to conduct effective workplace inspections.
- Learn about principles of workplace assessment and control strategies.
Please Note: A $50 No-Show Fee will be applied to the account of any member who registers for an ICG 669 workshop or training course and fails to cancel their registration in advance of 48 hours prior to the start time of the workshop or training course.