Sat Jun 24, 2017 to Sun Jun 25, 2017
Day 1: Clairmont Camera | Day 2: Watervisions Pool
Day 1: 1225 Keith Road, #2, North Vancouver, V7J 1J3 Day 2: 421 English Bluff Road, Tsawwassen, V4M 2W6
Covered through Local 669 Training Fund
1 user has voted.
Saturday, June 24, 2017
Clairmont Camera: 1225 Keith Road, #2, North Vancouver, V7J 1J3
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Brief history of underwater filming in movie industry.
Evolution of motion pictures housing design and brief history of various inventors and the housings they built.
- Commonly used film and digital cameras and their housings.
- Similarities and quirks of the various housings.
- Properties of light underwater including focus.
- Refraction and its effects on lens selection.
- Dome ports vs. flat ports.
- Importance of Preparation of Underwater Housings.
- Operator understanding of 360 shooting underwater, movement of camera underwater, out of the water and in and out of the water.
- Positioning of Camera due to Light refraction of the surface.
Sunday, June 25, 2017
Watervisions Pool: 421 English Bluff Road, Tsawwassen, V4M 2W6
Group #1 - 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM - 12:00-1:00 PM
Group #2 - 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Hands-on workshop on how to assemble the Underwater housing from case to full setup for filming. (Camera preassembled for use in Underwater housing.)
- Water test Housing without camera.
- Operator Exercises for both Flat and Dome Ports.