Fri Mar 10, 2017 to Sat Mar 11, 2017
1469 Venables Street Vancouver, BC V5L 2G1
$1,750 CA (Local 669 Members receive a 20% Discount)
0 users have voted.
+49 89 3809 2030
ARRI certified training for ALEXA SXT and ALEXA Mini
Enhance your camera skills and master new trends like HDR by ARRI Academy
Get ready for advanced look workflows with ALEXA SXT and ALEXA Mini through hands-on training from industry professionals.
This two-day training course covers all aspects of shooting with the ALEXA SXT and ALEXA Mini. You will be given the opportunity to enhance your knowledge of camera functions and deepen your practical skills. Experienced professionals will detail the many possibilities the cameras have to offer, giving you expert advice and hands-on training. By the end of the two days you will be able to use the cameras to their full potential in real-world situations.
Who should attend
- Rental staff
What you will learn
- Creative ARRI look workflows and ARRI color science
- Understanding linear light, logarithmic and video encoding
- Advantages of ARRIRAW and ProRes codecs
- Understanding recording formats and their applications
- Exposing for SDR and HDR
- Expierience the full capabilities when it comes to HDR and wide color gamut monitoring
- How to team up ALEXA SXT and ALEXA Mini on a project
- Exclusive insights into ARRI camera and sensor design
- Wireless camera control via Electronic Control System and WiFi
- Hands-on sessions with cameras, live-grading and postproduction tools
You will be provided with a detailed introduction to ARRIRAW and other recording formats, ARRI look workflows and the ARRI Electronic Control System. Each participant will work directly with an ALEXA SXT or ALEXA Mini camera kit and computers loaded with postproduction software; you will make recordings in order to become familiar with typical on-set situations and explore common postproduction workflows, experimenting with the application of different ARRI looks and LUTs to suit individual setups.
A maximum of 12 participants can attend each course, to ensure that everyone gets a sufficiently practical experience of working with the four available camera kits. There will also be an illuminated set for the hands-on exercises.