Sun Feb 4, 2018
ICG | 669 Office
217-3823 Henning Drive Burnaby, BC
$50 No-Show Fee
0 users have voted.
Respectful Workplace Training for Film Workers is designed specifically for the film industry. This course examines acceptable and unacceptable workplace behaviours, including those that are considered bullying and harassment.
Using the Occupational Health & Safety lens, this day long course identifies the responsibilities of employers, supervisors, and workers with regard to prevention and response, and provides practical strategies to improve communication and create a positive workplace environment.
- Increase participants’ understanding of discrimination, bullying and harassment in the workplace.
- Exploration of Cultural Sensitivity.
- Explore relevant laws, WCB policies, the union’s collective agreement and employer’s policies to prevent and deal with discrimination, bullying and harassment.
- Provide tools and examples of best practices for responding to bullying and harassment.
- Our legal duties under the Workers Compensation Act
- Recognizing the potential for workplace bullying and harassment
- The legal duties of employers, workers, and supervisors for preventing and responding to workplace bullying and harassment
- Reporting procedures
- Dealing with incidents or complaints, including investigations
- What co-workers can do to stop bullying and harassment
- Understanding how you & others deal with conflict in the workplace